Cercalia iOS SDK for Apple
Cercalia iOS SDK is a client API for your Apple iOS applications with which you can include maps or search nearby places.
Before you can begin working with Cercalia on iOS, you need to add the Cercalia SDK for iOS (Cercalia.framework) to your Xcode project and ensure that you have an API key.
Adding Cercalia Framework to Your Xcode Project
To integrate Cercalia into your Xcode project using CocoaPods, specify it in your Podfile:
platform :ios, '10.0'
target '<Your Target Name>' do
Then, run the following command:
$ pod install
More information about podifle: https://guides.cocoapods.org/syntax/podfile.html
- Download Cercalia framework from the next link: https://ms3.nexusgeografics.com/downloads/CercaliaSDK/
- Open the folder which contains Cercalia.framework file
- Drag the file from the previous folder to the root of your Xcode project. Make sure 'Copy items if needed' is checked when promped for options in Xcode.
- Select the target for where you want to add the framework in the project settings editor.
- To Add Cercalia framework, select the “General” tab and click the “+” below the list of frameworks in “Embedded Binaries”
- Select Cercalia.framework from the list of available frameworks and click the "Add" button.
- Cercalia.framework will be added in "Embedded Binaries" list and in "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" list
- Finally, select "Build Settings" tab and set "Enable Bitcode" with "NO" value. Now your are ready to use the SDK.
Add a map
- Add an UIView and set it as a custom class. In the "Class" field you have to type "CMMapView" and in the "Module" field type "Cercalia".
- To use the added framework in your ViewController you only must to import the Cercalia module. Then link a local variable to the CMMapview added in the previous point and initialize it using the CMMapController class. You will also have to set "CMCercalia.instance.apiKey" with your API Key.
- The map is added and initialized. Now you can Run the project and see if everything works fine.